Lately, RTR's engineering team has been doing a lot of recruiting and when we do anything we like to iterate, iterate, iterate to improve our process. We recently realized that candidates could benefit from a clear, concise picture of our tech stack. So here is that clear (always-work-in-progress) picture!
Some things to note:
- The groups of boxes correspond with typical engineering roles/responsibilities at RTR.
- Additionally, we don't use Rails. Rather we have a home-grown setup built on Sinatra that we affectionately call Ruby on Rocks. :)
- We build a lot of stuff. Our main website, our retail point-of-sales system, the software that runs our fulfillment center, our iOS app, internal tools for customer service. They pretty much all fall into one of the two columns (JS or iOS) shown here.
- We have lots of Java services powering all this. Something like 43 Dropwizard microservices at last count. (Pricing, Reservations, Commerce, Membership, Referrals, Recos, Reviews...)
- We have some other odds and ends. Some Scala for instance. Some Redis. This picture shows our most common, widely vetted technologies.
And one last important thing: we're hiring!!!